quinta-feira, 12 de janeiro de 2017

Some visual effects and data visualization apps using JavaFX

In this post I am going to show some visual effects I have created with JavaFX which I have posted in my portuguese JavaFX blog.

We see cool visual effects in JavaFX since its 1.x version. For example, I have this great book from Lucas Jordan:


In this book Lucas Jordan explore known Graphics Computer algorithms using JavaFX Script. I missed a book like that for JavaFX 8 and the reason is that it is really fun to create visual effects... Fortunately I have seem Daniel Shiffman creating a lot of cool apps almost weekly!




In my last post I talked about a class that help us to quickly create visual effects with JavaFX. Since then, I created a few, and in this post I will share it with you.

The big Red Ball


This is a quick sample showing how to write pixel by pixel of a canvas.


Supershapes



Create super shapes using JavaFX

Flowers





The algorithm to create it was based on Daniel Shiffman implementation.

Metaballs



The metaballs effect using JavaFX. You can see the video I recorded (audio in Portuguese) and also check shiffman's video about this topic.


Escape the Maze



I talked about this app on my last post.

Open Data visualization 





I plan to make a specific topic about this app, but for now you can see the vide below. It is an application that access a REST API to help users to better visualize open data. I personally liked it and I think it is very useful. I also used JSONB on this App! See the video below for more information.



Conclusions


JavaFX was and continues to be awesome. It is already easy, but with DrawingFX it is even easier! See my github for all code and feel free to contribute to DrawingFX





Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário